Income Tax Planning with IRAs and Qualified Retirement Plans - Click to Listen to Bob's description
Income Tax Planning with IRAs and Plans
Retirement distribution planning is often understood from a pure investment perspective. However, many do not fully understand the complex income tax rules. During this fast-paced session we will explore the critical tax aspects of IRAs, IRA distribution planning, rollovers, Roth IRAs, NUA, and the ways to avoid some of the most common mistakes. This class will be helpful to lawyers, CPAs and planners seeking to improve their knowledge and expertise in an area filled with a labyrinth of the rules and traps for the unwary.
Session highlights include:
- Understanding the foundational income tax concepts of retirement distribution planning after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Understanding the final minimum distribution regulations and QCDs
- Understanding rollover strategy issues and regulations
- Designating beneficiaries under the final minimum distribution regulations
- Avoiding and obtaining waivers for the 50% RMD penalty
- Understanding the key exceptions to the 10% additional tax on pre-59 1/2 distributions
- An overview of Roth IRAs and the impact of distribution planning
- Understanding Roth conversions after the TCJA and the reduction of the marriage penalty
- Understanding NUA and related issues after the TCJA
- Qualified Plan Distribution planning and the effect on taxation
- Asset protection issues associated with IRAs, Roth IRAs and qualified Plans
- Learn the income tax advantages of IRAs & other qualified retirement plans.
- Learn how to manage IRA rollovers.
- Learn how to make an effective Roth Conversion.
- Learn the basics of prohibited transactions and unrelated business taxable income.
Learn how to make tax-efficient account distributions
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.