JUST ISSUED PROPOSED REGULATIONS REGARDING TRUST AND ESTATE DEDUCTIONS
The Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA) added new Section 67(g) which suspends “miscellaneous itemized deductions” through 2025. This change has caused much confusion as practitioners are uncertain which trust deductions are suspended and which can be deducted. This is particularly true with fiduciary income tax returns and it adds to the pre-existing confusion. However, on Thursday May 7, 2020 the Service issued regulations which clarify its prior guidance regarding how new Section 67(g) applies to fiduciary income tax returns. Join Jere Doyle JD, LLM, AEP and Robert Keebler CPA/PFS, MST, AEP for a fast-paced program on these new regulations.
Specifically, this course will cover the new regulations and in general the deductibility of “miscellaneous itemized deductions” for trusts and estates:
- A review of new Section 67(g) as added by the TCJA
- A review of Sections 641(b), 67(a), 62, 63(d), 67(b), 67(e) and 67(h)
- A review of the Section 67(e) regulations
- How to determine what estate and trust expenses are “miscellaneous itemized deductions”
- KNIGHT v. COMMISSIONER, 127 S. CT. 782 (2008)
- NOL Carryovers on termination
- Capital loss carryovers on termination
- The two parts of Section 642(h)
- Items excluded from the definition of “miscellaneous itemized deductions” under Section 67(b)
- Items that constitute “miscellaneous itemized deductions”
- AMT adjustments & “miscellaneous itemized deductions”
- Surprising result – simple trust can have taxable income
- Examples on Tax Forms
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.