Tactical and Strategic Roth Conversions in 2020
Roth conversions have always had the potential to unlock hidden value. Today’s Market Conditions and the no RMD rule in 2020 are creating some unique opportunities. One emerging strategy is to trade your RMD amount for a Roth conversion. This appears to be a promising opportunity for many clients.
Before Secure, it was perhaps simple nominal conversions to take advantage of a low-income year. However, the SECURE Act expands the impact of Roth conversions beyond a quantitative arbitrage game to a strategic estate planning set of issues that should be of interest to all lawyers, trust officers, insurance and financial advisors and CPAs. The paradigm shift from life expectancy distributions to a 10-year distribution is at its core a mathematical problem. Therefore, quantitative driven strategies can mitigate the impact of lost deferral and Roth conversions will be the primary tool for most families.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not a class designed to help wealthy clients, but rather will provide advice for the mass-affluent. The webinar materials will include easy to follow flowcharts, graphs and tables.
In this exclusive LISI Webinar, Bob review the following issues:
· Low value Roth conversions
· Taking Advantage of the no RMD rule
· Roth conversions equal to the forgiven RMD
· Critical Roth conversion concepts after SECURE
· Critical strategies by profession and objectives
· Roth conversions for rate arbitrage compared to traditional IRAs to trusts
· 10+ Reasons to convert to a Roth IRA
· Taxation of Roth IRA conversions and distributions
· Easy to read conversion tables by common scenarios
· How to use and analyze conversion software
· Mathematics of Roth IRA conversions
· Timing of Roth IRA conversions to gain tax rate arbitrage
· Estate tax considerations
· Why a Roth conversion is much better when an estate tax exists
· The SECURE Act’s ten-year payout rule and the high tax rates to follow
· “Stretch” Roth IRAs for eligible designated beneficiaries
· Roths for SNTs and asset protection trusts
· Roths to fund long-term care strategies
· Hedging Roth conversions with life insurance
· Using insurance to preserve post-death “stretch-out”
· Tax-sensitive withdrawal strategies
· Why a conversion is a “Bet-to-Live” Strategy and why insurance is a “Bet-to-Die” Strategy
· Hedging Roths with Insurance
· Easy to read charts, graphs and tables
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.