Avoiding Disaster on Highway 709, How to Complete Form 709 Correctly to Maximize the Benefits for Your Clients
For clients that made taxable gifts in 2018, the deadline for filing a gift tax return is October 15, 2019. Over the past few years, there have been important changes to the gift tax return (e.g., what gifts qualify for certain exclusions) that practitioners should be aware of to make sure the Form 709 return is completed correctly.
In his exclusive LISI Webinar, Ken Crotty will provide materials to help clarify and provide answers for questions on how to report annual exclusion gifts, what gifts qualify for marital and charitable deductions, and how to complete the Form 709 correctly to maximize the benefits for your client.
Here are just a few of the topics that Ken will be covering:
• We will review the rules related to reporting gifts and allocating GST exemption to help practitioners be certain that they do not waste a client’s unified credit.
• The Webinar will review the rules related to providing adequate disclosure of gifts to start the statute running on the IRS’s ability to audit the gifts that are reported.
• The Webinar will review the rules related to qualifying gifts for the annual exclusion as well as which gifts qualify for the marital and/or charitable deductions.
• A sample fact pattern and sample 709s will be presented for a husband and wife showing the scheduled analysis of how the return should be completed correctly.
• The Webinar will also review the rules related to generation skipping transfer tax and the automatic exemption of the client’s exclusion to certain gifts.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.