Join Marty Shenkman and host Steve Leimberg in this 60-minute special LISI webinar where they will cover the following topics:
1. Why and How to structure irrevocable trusts to include an array of non-traditional provisions such as a loan director, hybrid DAPT, LPOA convertible to GPOA, and trust protector with broad powers to address tax uncertainty,
2. What to do about GRATs in an uncertain environment - and why to ask, "What is at the backend of your client's GRAT?"
3. Why and How to repurpose existing irrevocable trusts and transform frogs into trust princes with via decanting or a non-judicial modification, e.g. transform an old minimally useful trust into a new ILIT. If you sell life insurance, this could be an incredible marketing tool.
4. How to address a looming problem too few planners are taking action on: financial conflicts for aging clients - including: Who is (or should be) in charge of what - and what to do about agents under POA, successor trustee on revocable trust, Social Security Representative Payee, long term care insurance lapse designee, joint owner of a bank or brokerage account, etc.
5. Why your client should be re-considering gift provisions under existing durable POAs and Revocable trusts - and why you may want to think about precluding gifts to minimize elder financial abuse - or permitting gifts to minimize state inheritance or estate tax - or expressly authorizing larger gifts to facilitate planning and avoid a Powell issue.
6. Trust protectors - Can a trust protector's power to remove and replace trustees be used to bifurcate the trustee into a general, investment and insurance trustee position? Should revocable trusts include a trust protector?
7. Ethics Opinion 477 now reflects the now common use of tech such as tablet devices, smartphones, and cloud storage. What changes do you need to make in your retainer agreement and other client communications and documentation to reflect this?
Your registration will entitle you to: 1) the handout materials and 2) Within 24 hours after the webinar, we'll automatically provide you with a link that will enable you to view it at your convenience - as often as you'd like.
Note: There will be no CE credit for Marty and Steve's webinar.
A VERY SPECIAL GUY
A VERY SPECIAL WEBINAR - A VERY SPECIAL CAUSE!
Every LISI member and all of us on the LISI team knows someone who has been touched by cancer. For us, the list is much too long and for some of us, the names on that list are much too personal.
Marty Shenkman and I, and the entire LISI Team, believe that the American Cancer Society has made, and will continue to make, incredible efforts to both defeat cancer and enrich the lives of those who face it.
ALL THE PROFITS FROM THIS WEBINAR
WILL GO TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY!
Something else you can do:
We'd be delighted if you would join us in joining the American Cancer Society's National Professional Advisor Network (NPAN). It will take a couple of minutes and doesn't obligate you to anything more. It will enhance your resume, get you a free quarterly estate planning newsletter, get you a charitable calculator and other resources, resources to help clients living with cancer or wishing to donate, and more.
Why is this so important? Because merely adding your name will add strength to the American Cancer Society's efforts. It will keep the American Cancer Society name and mission in mind if a client, friend or loved one faces the challenges of cancer.
For those advisers who might benefit, NPAN offers services to help support you and your clients in the community. NPAN gives you information and professional materials to enhance your client relationships - especially with those clients who are affected by cancer. For those of you who are too sophisticated to need these benefits, adding your name and reputation to the NPAN rolls will lend creditability to NPAN in its outreach efforts to other advisers.
This could be the easiest pitch to say "YES" to that you'll ever get hit with.
It's easy. Just click on http://www.cancer.org/npan [it is www.cancer.org/npan] to join in this fight against cancer today, or call 1.866.332.3216 for more information.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $99 for this webinar.
|Click if you forgot your password|
|Sign up now|
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $129.
To become a LISI member, click this link
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card"
after clicking the Buy Now button below.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org