The Nitty-Gritty Details of Income Tax Basis - A Special Re-Broadcast
Basis is trickier than it might appear. Many believe they understand the concept, however once mired in a specific case questions emerge. The current estate planning environment requires planners to understand the income tax, especially basis, better than the estate tax. This course will cover the following topics:
- Basis of property acquired by gift
- Basis of property subject to gift tax
- Basis of property acquired by gift immediately before death
- Basis of property acquired from a decedent
- Distribution standards & basis
- Basis of purchases & reinvestments made by a executor
- Basis of property subject to a power of appointment
- Basis of property sold to an intentionally defective grantor trust before death
- Basis of property sold to an intentionally defective grantor trust after death
- Basis of property transferred back to the donor after the death of the recipient
- Basis of nonqualified annuities, IRAs, and other items of IRD
- Basis in community and separate property states
- Basis of property held by an incomplete gift non-grantor trust
- Basis and grantor trust substitution powers
- Basis of property sold using a private annuity
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.