Appleby's COVID-19 IRA & Plan Provisions Contributions, Distributions, and Loans. Including the CARES Act!
This presentation explains the important changes that have recently been made to retirement accounts related provisions for individuals adversely affected by COVID-19. This includes the technical, compliance, and operational requirements that apply. Extensive handouts are included!
The IRS recently issued Notice 2020-18: Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic. This Notice provides relief, from tax deadlines, to affected taxpayers who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 emergency. The IRS defines Affected Taxpayers, for the purpose of this relief, as any person with a Federal income tax payment or a Federal income tax return due April 15, 2020. Under this relief, the due date for filing Federal income tax returns and making Federal income tax payments due April 15, 2020, is automatically postponed to July 15, 2020. Affected Taxpayers do not have to file Forms 4868 or 7004 (both applications for extensions to file applicable returns), as this is a postponement and not an extension.
Transactions addressed in this content-packed webinar include:
- IRA Contribution Deadline
- Deadline for Paying the 10% Early Distribution Penalty
- Deadline for Making Employer Contributions
- Transactions for which no Postponement Relief Is Provided Under Notice 2020-18
In addition, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law on March 27, 2020 and includes provisions that are intended to provide relief for the economic downturn caused by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Provisions include:
- Waiver of RMD for 2020
- Waiver for certain 2019 RMDs not taken in 2019
- Rollovers of 2020 RMDs That Are No Longer RMDs
- One Year Extension for Beneficiaries Subject to the 5-Year Rule
- Coronavirus-related Distributions- Waivers and Extended Deadlines
- Increase in Loan Amounts
- Denise Appleby’s Appleby’s Reference Guide for: IRA Transfer & Rollover Rules: For IRA Owners
- Rev. Proc. 2016-47: Waiver of 60-Day Rollover Requirement
- Notice 2020-23: Relief for Taxpayers Affected by Ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic
- Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers (in response to questions received by the IRS about Notice 2020-18-. The IRS indicated that this will be updated periodically)
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.