LGBTQ: Estate, Financial and Legal Planning and Drafting
The number of lesbian gay bisexual transgender and queer (“LGBTQ”) clients is significant and growing. Practitioners need to understand how estate and financial planning may have to be tailored to properly serve the LGBTQ client.
- What is appropriate terminology to use (and inappropriate terminology to avoid)? What unique issues effect estate planning for this community?
- What issues affect determination of heirs under documents?
- How might medical expenses be treated?
- Issues that might arise with name changes, and more.
- Drafting and planning techniques have often not kept pace or addressed some of the unique needs of this community.
It is also important for practitioners to understand that even if a particular client is not known to be LGBTQ, that there is a likelihood of a future descendent being LGBTQ. This should be factored into the drafting and planning.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.