Key IRA changes made by the SECURE Act
and after. 3. Those that apply for both time periods. The most significant tax change embodied in this new legislation is the elimination of the “stretch” provision for certain beneficiaries of IRAs in favor of the “10-year rule.” This change potentially impacts millions of taxpayers and could result in making many tax planning strategies currently in place irrelevant or outdated. It may also impact the attractiveness of making a Roth IRA conversion.
In her exclusive LISI Webinar, Denise will focus only on the key IRA changes made by SECURE, and will cover the following:
- Elimination of age limits on the ability to make contributions to traditional IRAs effective for years beginning 1/1/2020
- Exceptions to the 10-year rule for “eligible” designated beneficiaries
- Increase in RMD age to 72
- Coordinating qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) with deducting a contribution to a Traditional IRA
- RMD rules applicable to those 70 ½ before 1/1/2020
- Ten-year rule where IRA owner dies before 1/1/2020 and designated beneficiary dies after 1/1/2020
- Options for a surviving spouse designated beneficiary before and after 1/1/2020
- RMD rules for those continuing to work beyond age 72
- Pre 1/1/2020 RMD rules and post 1/1/2020 RMD rules compared and contrasted
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.