IRS Issues New Life Expectancy Rules for IRAs including Complex Post-Mortem Transitional Provisions every Planner Must Know :122 Pages
On Thursday, November 7, the Service released 122 pages describing proposed regulations which will modify Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs). The new rules must be understood by those whose provide advice regarding RMDs – including post-mortem RMDs. This 60-minute webinar will cover the following changes to the regulations as proposed by Treasury:
- New life expectancy and distribution tables to reflect current mortality figures
- Complex transitional rules
- Transitional computations
- The practical impact on lifetime RMDs and retirement drawdown strategies
- What the changes mean for Roth IRA conversions
- How the changes affect spousal beneficiaries
- Changes to the SEPP rules under Rev. Rul. 2002-62
- The impact on SEPPs for younger clients
- The new rules and required re-computation for post-mortem distributions
- Why the calculations must be reviewed by lawyers or CPAs licensed to practice before the Service to meet the professional tax advice standard to avoid penalties
- Important effective dates proposed
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.