Income and Estate Planning Techniques That Work Well in a Volatile Market & Low Interest Rate Environment
Despite the current continuing economic expansion, interest rates have fallen considerably in recent months. This development is important to those seeking to minimize their tax-liabilities because the efficacy and effectiveness of many wealth transfer techniques are interest rate dependent.
Moreover, recent market volatility further compliances planning by providing opportunity and traps for the unwary.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Planning, tactically & strategically, in a volatile market
- Techniques that are more effective as interest rates decrease
- Techniques which are less effective as interest rates decrease
- When to use a IDGT versus a GRAT
- Selecting the “proper” GRAT term
- Hedging GRATs with private annuities or term insurance
- GRITs in today’s environment
- Why to be wary of QPRTs right now
- Why two-year installment sales are white hot
- Note term selection for IDGT sales
- Valuing installment notes when rates rebound
- Private Annuities and SCINs in a low rate environment
- Why CLATs are attractive from an income tax and gift perspective
- How to refinance exists notes
- Intra-family Loans
- How the 99 year GRAT strategy works under the regulations
- Low interest split-dollar strategies
- Private split-dollar
- Financed life insurance strategies
- CRATs and CRUTs in today’s environment
- GRATs for volatile stocks
- Loss Harvesting for individuals, trusts and estates
- Understanding the “Estate Collar”
- And more!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.