Estate Planning for Large Estates
Friday August 9
3:00 PM EDT - 4:30 PM
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 made sweeping changes to the estate planning landscape. Suddenly, the federal estate tax exemption was doubled. Therefore, federal estate tax savings are no longer the focus for most clients. In fact, the focus seemed to have shifted many years ago when the exemption jumped up to $5 million. This scared many planners away from spending time on advanced estate tax planning and therefore, based on simple supply and demand principles, has created a backlog of opportunities for planners who still work in this area. Even many law schools stopped teaching classes on estate tax planning. Join nationally-known estate planning attorney Steve Oshins as he explains the different advanced strategies that can be used when planning for a high-net-worth client. Whether you’re an attorney, an accountant, a trust officer or a financial planner, it is crucial for you to attend this very important webinar. In total, you will have 90 minutes of exciting, informative discussion. Join Steve Oshins on August 9 at 3pm ET for this easy-to-understand webinar.
In this webinar, you will:
· Learn the benefits of passing assets in trust rather than outright
· Explore the differences between support trusts and discretionary trusts
· Learn about valuation discount planning to reduce the value for transfer tax purposes and how and why it works
· Find out when to simply make a gift to a Dynasty Trust and why
· Find out when to make a gift to a Dynasty Trust, followed by an installment sale
· Find out when to make a gift to a Dynasty Trust, followed by an SCIN sale
· Find out when to make a gift to a Dynasty Trust, followed by a sale for a Private Annuity
· Find out when to make a gift to a Grantor Retained Annuity Trust
· Find out whether a gift to a Completed Gift Domestic Asset Protection Trust is viable
· Find out when to make a gift to a Completed Gift Hybrid Domestic Asset Protection Trust
· Hear about how each of the advanced techniques work
· Explore the reasons to use one advanced technique over another technique
· Listen to an analysis of how gift tax risk factors into the decision
· Listen to an analysis of how Mortality risk factors into the decision
· Listen to an analysis of how retained income needs factors into the decision
· Learn how to communicate this to clients so clients hire you
· And much more!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.