New 2019 Mathematics of Estate Planning After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP in this webinar will focus on how the income tax is the new estate tax under the tax bill. This is a “must see” webinar for advisors in the wealth transfer space. During this webinar, Bob will cover the following topics:
- Develop an understanding of the new estate, gift and GST tax after the TCJA
- How to run the numbers – not only in developing appropriate estate and gift tax planning strategies – but in effectively communicating them to clients
- How to evaluate some of 2019’s hottest planning strategies, particularly in light of today’s low interest rates, including:
GRATs (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
Installment sales to IDGTs (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts)
SCINs (Self-Cancelling Installment Notes)
The “Tax Burn” SCIN
Techniques to leverage the GST (Generation Skipping Tax Exemption)
How to balance bet-to-live and bet-to-die strategies
- A quantitative review of the danger of gifting low basis property
- Basis issues with GRATs, powers of appointments, IDGTs, gifts and Section 2036 assets
- Comparing low basis gifts to high basis gifts – the law and the math
- When not to gift low basis property
- Why the annual exclusion gift of low basis property generally still makes sense and how to prove it
- Using GRATs to shift growth and protect the step-up
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.