The Spousal Lifetime Access Trust: A Gifting and Creditor Protection Technique
You’ve all heard of a Spousal Lifetime Access Trust, otherwise often called a SLAT. But what is it, and where does it fit into your clients’ estate plans? Did you know that you can set up a SLAT where the assets are protected from creditors and divorcing spouses and free of estate taxes, yet you can have indirect access to the assets? And did you know that you can set one up without even making a completed gift for gift tax purposes?
Join nationally-known estate planning attorney Steve Oshins as he explains how SLATs work and where estate planners have opportunities to use them for clients.
Whether you’re an attorney, an accountant, a trust officer or a financial planner, it is crucial for you to attend this very important webinar. In total, you will have 90 minutes of exciting, informative discussion. Join Steve Oshins on February 22nd at 3pm ET for this easy-to-understand webinar.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn how to explain SLATs to clients
- Explore exactly how you set one up where you want the gifts to be complete for gift and estate tax purposes
- Go through details of how to design the SLAT if you want to avoid a completed gift for gift tax purposes
- Learn using examples of when to use each different SLAT version
- Get examples illustrating how to design the trust where creditor protection is the primary objective
- Discover ways to design the SLAT for maximum divorce protection
- Find out how to use a “floating spouse” provision to best protect the trust assets and have future access when getting remarried
- Learn how the SLAT is generally taxed for income tax purposes
- Explore funding techniques when the assets are primarily community property
- And much more!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.