Retirement Plan Beneficiary Disasters and How to Avoid & Fix Them
Retirement plans are often a huge part of a client’s balance sheet and eventual estate. Understanding the possible traps and proper planning is essential to minimize adverse tax consequences. This presentation will review foundation concepts, describe some common disasters, and provide solutions to some of the disasters you were not there to help the client avoid. Specifically, Bob will cover the following:
- Failing to update the beneficiary designation form after a death or divorce
- Failing to provide for a spouse
- Failing to name a beneficiary
- Failing to name contingent beneficiaries
- Naming the estate as beneficiary
- Naming a non-qualified trust as the beneficiary
- Naming a potential spendthrift as beneficiary
- Naming an older relative as the primary beneficiary
- Naming a trust with older relatives who are primary beneficiaries
- Incorrect titling of an inherited IRA
- Rolling-over an inherited IRA into a personal IRA
- Failing to qualify for the charitable contribution income tax deduction
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.