What Advisors Need to Know about Cost Segregation
Friday May 3
3:00 PM EDT - 4:30 PM EDT
Cost segregation is one of the most powerful but least understood techniques in the planner’s tool kit. Cost segregation studies can produce significant income tax savings for clients in two ways.
First, they can substantially increase the present value of depreciation deductions and increase cash flow. Without cost segregation, taxpayers must depreciate residential property using straight-line depreciation over a 27.5 year period and non-residential property using a straight-line method over 39 years. Cost segregation may enable the taxpayer to depreciate part of the cost of a building over a shorter period of time using a faster depreciation method.
A second benefit of a cost segregation analysis is that it can increase the amount of property subject to depreciation by reallocating the purchase price of a building between building components and tangible personal property or between land and land improvements.
In his exclusive LISI webinar, Bob Keebler will teach you everything you need to know about cost segregation. The topics Bob will cover include the following:
- Cost Segregation Procedure and segregating building costs into the five components: 1) Five-Year personal property, 2) Seven-Year personal property, 3) Land improvements, 4) Buildings, 5) Land.
- Increasing the present value of depreciation deductions using shorter depreciation periods and more favorable depreciation methods.
- Increasing the amount of property that can be depreciated by identifying aspects of a building that could be treated as tangible personal property.
- Using the study to identify assets eligible for bonus depreciation or IRC §179 expensing.
- Disadvantages of cost segregation and when it should and shouldn’t be used.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.