Proactive Year-End Tax Planning
Regardless, whether you’re a financial advisor, life insurance agent, CPA or attorney, you need to be advising your clients as to the best course of action for the time remaining in 2018 and into 2019.
The TCJA changed everything necessitating a complete paradigm shift to the rapidly developing 2018 and beyond tax planning ideas. The recent volatility of the stock market is also creating many gain and loss harvesting opportunities that require your attention. Finally, we need to add to our planning the potential of a additional tax law changes in 2019. With the Democrats holding the House and the Republicans holding the Senate the potential for more reform is likely.
This session will provide, ideas, tip and tools to act before year-end to minimize your client’s tax liabilities.
Bob will covering the following and much more:
- Bracket management - including the near elimination of the marriage penalty
- Rethinking itemized deductions and donor advised funds
- Advanced Roth conversions
- Gain & loss harvesting to obtain a rate or timing advantage
- Gain & loss harvesting for estates following a step-up in basis
- The AMT including ISOs and IDCs
- Funding tax-preferenced accounts
- Using 529 Plans for elementary and high school tuition
- Bonus depreciation and 179 deductions
- 60% charitable contributions
- Opportunity Zones and the related regulations
- Trusts & estates income and deduction planning
- Section 199A and the related regulations
- Reducing Income to below $315,000 for SSTBs
- Funding DB and DC plans
- Using trusts to obtain an additional $10,000 SALT deduction
- Year-end estate and gift planning
- Adding GPOAs to bypass trusts
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.