Florida Homestead Law Made Easy – Well, At Least Easier
Friday November 30
3:00 PM ET - 4:30 PM EDT
From law students to seasoned professionals, those who have crossed paths with Florida homestead law are aware of its complexity, challenges, and malpractice traps. In this seminar, Charles (Chuck) Rubin, author of Rubin on Florida Homestead, will provide advice, counsel, and practice aids to make your dealings with homestead easier and less fraught with peril. Subjects to be covered and/or practice aids to be included and explained include:
• A comprehensive checklist on when property qualifies as homestead (for limitations on transfers and devises, for creditor protection, and for ad valorem tax purposes)
• Two diagrams (one in table format, and one in flowchart format) that provide simple analysis of when transfer restrictions apply, and what they are
• A review of the transfer restrictions, and how to plan around them
• General approaches for addressing homestead in estate planning documents based on the basic family fact pattern
• The new(ish) spousal tenants-in-common election - why it was enacted and when it makes sense for a surviving spouse to elect
• Reasons why homestead property should not usually be placed in a revocable trust
• A comprehensive checklist on the state and federal exceptions to homestead creditor protection
• Recent developments (elective share changes & waiver of homestead by deed legislation)
• Explanation of, and consequences of “protected homestead” status
• Overlap of tenants by the entireties and homestead protections
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.